November 29, 2008

Weakness


2Cor. 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.


The words "weakness" and "infirmity" are the same in this verse. In the original language it also means "frailty, feebleness of mind or body, or sickness." So weakness in us is the doorway for God to enter in and display His power and strength. There have been many times that I have detested my weakness, abhorred my feebleness and denied my frailty. But by the Lord's grace, we can see from it from a different perspective. It's an unattractive door until you glimpse past it to what lies on the other side. All God asks is that we open our hearts in trust and invite Him into our situation. He will never fail us.