September 2, 2010

I Can't Help

With a list of things to do longer than the paper I wrote on, I grabbed my coffee, gave it a fresh dose of radiation, and started at the top. Within a couple of hours, I looked at my little girl and said, "Now we're going to do something fun! I really would like your help. Let's go into your room and take down all the toys off your shelf and..."

"Noooooo!" she interjected. "Mommy I can't help you today. I have things in my hands." She lifted up a big plush lamb blanket and her little stuffed Peep. As a smile crawled across my face, a frown stomped across hers and she continued, "I mean it. I can't do anything with my hands full!"

If our heavenly Father graciously invites us to help Him in some way, I pray our response is not "I can't Lord. My hands are too full." What are they filled with?

Corrie ten Boom once said, "Hold everything in your hands lightly, otherwise it hurts when God pries your fingers open."

 Eph. 2:10 "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them."