March 14, 2010

"Prodigals and Their Moms"

When I was a child, there were certain words that had very little meaning to me: divorce, infertility, cancer, miscarriage, death, and prodigals. But as time passed, each of those words came to life as uninvited guests and now hold a very significant place in my heart.

Though none of those circumstances are ever desired, the Lord has many "treasures in darkness and riches in secret places" to share with us during those times (Isa. 45:3). I just watched an episode of the "Today's Faith" program, hosted by Cheryl Brodersen on HisChannel.com, and the topic centered on "Prodigals." My personal prayer list has prodigals from coast-to-coast, as do many of yours. But this was such a wonderful and rich interview that I had to post it for others to glean from. If you have a prodigal child, know someone who does, or just want to gain a deeper insight into this particular area, please take a moment to watch. As Cheryl states in the interview, the fact that Jesus even tells the story about a prodigal son in Luke 15:11-32, should bring great comfort and hope to any parents heart. He knew this would be a very real circumstance in many people's lives.